Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Exposed Timber Beams








 


One of the things I love about country houses are exposed timber beams and recycled timbers. I have a ceiling beam running through my place and white painted timber ceiling lining boards. Both of these elements add so much warmth and personalty to the house. The lining boards were originally in natural pine so it was a big decision to paint them out but the end result was fantastic. Half way through I wish I'd never started but in the end it was was well worth the back breaking work and the 3 coats of paint!

Melissah xox

Images via 1-4 Let's Go Moerkabout5, 6, 7

Check out Country Style Chic on tumblr and Pinterest  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Melissah, you have a gorgeous blog and I love exposed timber beams too. I would have done the same thing with my ceiling too, a lot of work but so worth it in the end. xx

bec said...

beautiful photos I particularly love the white french doors, very similar to what I'm hoping to replace our ugly brown aluminum sliding doors.
great inspiration, thanks.
Bec

jean said...

Exposed beams add so much character to a house and there are so many ways to put them up. I especially love the bedroom in the last photo.

OhSoVintage said...

I absolutely love old timber. When we extended our kitchen four years ago we wanted something like your first photo but in the end it was just too expensive. Shame though as it would have looked stunning.

Val said...

So light and beautiful.

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much leaving a little comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...